20 January 2011

Once again weather alters plans . . .

This morning we were supposed to receive several inches of snow and even though that hasn't happened (yet), it has necessitated the re-scheduling of several things, including the Thinkfinity makeup/refresher session I had scheduled for the primary school.  So, I wil be re-scheduling that session as soon as we get back to our normal school routine.


In the meantime, I had a little time this morning to return to some of my notes from the Tennessee Educational Technology Conference.  One Web site that I want to share is "We Are Teachers".  This is a wonderful resource site, especially if you are looking for answers to a particular question you might have about your students or your classroom.  There is so much information contained within this site, but if I was you, I would start by clicking on the Ideas link.  You can enter a keyword and then search for ideas that are shared by real teachers.  Or, right below the search area, you can go to the new ideas section and look at all the entries for various categories like Math & Science or Specialized Instruction.  Another good place to look for inspiration is the Community link.  Today when I checked that page, there were 9 replies to a question about art projects for kindergarteners.  Some of the replies gave ideas you could immediately use, while others gave links to Web sites where you can find all sorts of activities and projects. 


So . . . when you need an answer to a question or ideas or just want to be inspired, take a look at "We Are Teachers".