07 May 2012


As the school year winds down, I often turn to thoughts of the spring and the newness it brings to the world.  It is good to reflect on the past, but it is more important to embrace the future.  As I have been going back through all the bookmarked Websites I have used here and there this year, I find I don't remember exactly what I've shared and what I haven't.  I don't know if that's because I'm getting older or if it's because I just have so many.  I think it's important to find what works with you and your students and then utilize those sites.  So, with that said, I'm going to give you another quick list of sites I have gathered and used over the years and some that I hope to utilize with students in the future.  Forgive me if I have listed these before . . .

A to Z Teacher Stuff
BibMe
ChessKid
Dare to Compare
Discovery Kids
Disney Planet Challenge
Ebsco Host
Education Place
Fun Brain
Google for Educators
Harvard Collaborative Curriculum Design Tool
Izzit
Kentucky Center for School Safety
KET Encyclomedia
KET Teachers' Domain
Ky EPSB
Ky Virtual Library
Lesson Planet
Lesson Plans Page (HotChalk)
Localendar 
Money Instructor
Museum Box
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
National Museum of the American Indian
Pete's PowerPoint Station
Quiz Hub
Quizinator
Qwiki
Scholastic
SchoolWaxTV
Scratch
Shmoop
Shutterfly
SimpleK12
SparkNotes
Starfall
Storybird
Study Island
SweatMonkey
Teachers Count
Teacher Created Resources
TeachersFirst
Thinkfinity
ThinkQuest
Top 25 Websites for Teaching and Learning
United States Department of Justice
United Streaming
Yahoo! Kids
ZimmerTwins
ZooBurst

I also have some technology sites which might be of use . . .

12 Tips for Safe Social Networking
A Fair(y) Use Tale
Alice
American Museum of Natural History Extreme 3D Mammals
An Educators Guide to Twitter
Animations for Mobiles
Animoto
Artpad
ArtRage
Audacity
Awesome Highlighter
Bitly
Board800
Bookboon
Cacoo
CTE (Career and Technical Education)
Cell Phone Etiquette
Cell Phones in the Classroom
Center for Implementing Technology in Education
Children's Internet Protection Act
Classroom 2.0 
ClassTools
Clay Yourself
Collaborize Classroom
Cool Text
CoSketch
CNET
Delicious
Did You Know?
Digital Citizenship
Digital Citizenship (ISTE)
Digital Citizenship 101 (for Teachers)
Diigo
Don't Copy That 
Drew Hunt Interactive Media
Drop It To Me
Edmodo
File Dropper
Flixtime
Formsite
Free Digital Photos
Free Technology for Teachers
Gamestar Mechanic
GetGameSmart
Gimp
Glogster
Google SketchUp
Handheld Devices in the Classroom
The History of Computing Project
How Stuff Works
Integrating Technology in the Classroom
Integrating Technology into the Curriculum
Jing
KeepVid
Kentucky Ed Tech
Kentucky Society for Technology Education
Kideos
Kris Marshall's Portal
Log On To Learn (Microsoft)
Message Hop
Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office Clip Art
Microsoft Office Templates
Mimio
Next Vista for Learning
NimbleFingers
PB Works
PDF Online
PDF Pen
PDF to Word
Podcast Maker (for Mac)
Poll Everywhere
Posterous
Project Tomorrow
Quietube
Rushton Hurley
Save Videos
Scholastic Create Video Games
Scott County Schools Instructional Technology
Screencast-O-Matic
SiteSucker (for Mac OS X; iOS)
Soundzabound
Stacey Blanton's Tech Site
Stixy
Stupeflix
Super Hyper Spider Typer
SurveyMonkey
Teachbook
TeachersFirst
Tech & Learning
TICK (Ky Academy for Technology Education)
TrackStar 
TubeChop
TypingWeb
UK ListServ Home
UK ListServs
USDLA
Useless Creations
ViewPure
Vocaroo
Voki
Wallwisher
WatchKnowLearn
Weebly
Wordle
Wufoo
xtimeline
Xtranormal
Yodio

And last, but not least, the office U.S. time site - Time - now you'll always be on time!


And just so I don't lose my Shutterfly site I started - here's a link to what I began in the fall of 2011 (and haven't quite kept it going, but maybe that will change next year!).