05 January 2011

Here I am again with another site for you!

I can't believe it - I am finding things to post every day this week.  Oh, well, if something can help you in your classroom, then I don't mind posting every day!


I received an e-mail today that said Kentucky students were the highest number of participants in the recent Polar Bear Webcast.  Along with the e-mail there was a link to a blog page, the DEN Blog Network, that has an entry about polar bears called Tundra Connections.  On that page are seven ideas for students to learn even more about the plight of polar bears on our planet.  Under the section for Tuesday, there is a short polar bear quiz that is very interesting.  There are lots of other ideas to try, including using Blabberize (which I had not heard of) and EDU Glogster (which I have heard of and have been experimenting with since the Nashville Tech Conference). 


If you teach about animals in any way, please take a look at this site.  It will be well worth the few minutes you spend and may motivate a student to take an active role in the preservation of polar bears in the future.